IRAN WAR: Iran warns of war beyond Middle East as Trump repeats threats

· Toronto Sun

Iran warned on Wednesday that the Middle East war would spread far beyond the region if the United States and Israel resumed their attacks.

This is on the heels of U.S. President Donald Trump threatening to strike again unless a deal is reached. Trump has repeatedly threatened Tehran with renewed military action, while Iranian officials have hit back with their own warnings of devastating action.

Visit turconews.click for more information.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards issued their own threat on Wednesday, stating, “if the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you.”

The conflict in the Middle East has entered its 82nd day.

Here’s the latest on the Iran war on Wednesday:

Pakistan’s interior minister heading to Tehran for talks

Pakistani Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi is heading to Tehran to meet officials, Iran’s Tasnim news agency is reporting, per Al Jazeera .

This is Naqvi’s second trip to Iran in a week as Pakistan, which is acting as a mediator in the conflict, tries to bring both sides to a second round of talks.

Iran preparing ‘more surprises’ if war resumes

Iran’s Foreign Minister, Abbas Araghchi, said in a post to social media that Tehran is preparing new military capabilities if war with the U.S. and Israel resumes.

“With lessons learned and knowledge we gained, return to war will feature many more surprises,” Araghchi said, per ABC News .

Ceasefire is of ‘utmost urgency’: Xi

Chinese President Xi Jinping held talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Beijing, where the two leaders talked about the Middle East conflict.

“A comprehensive ceasefire is of utmost urgency, resuming hostilities is even more inadvisable and maintaining negotiations is particularly important,” Xi told Putin during talks today, according to Chinese state media, per The Guardian .

Putin highlighted the economic ties between Russia and China, saying: “The driving force behind economic cooperation is Russian-Chinese collaboration in the energy sector.

“Amid the crisis in the Middle East, Russia continues to maintain its role as a reliable supplier of resources, while China remains a responsible consumer of these resources,” said Putin.

Israeli warplanes hit Lebanese town

Warplanes from Israel have struck the town of Jibchit, Lebanon, overnight, despite an ongoing fragile ceasefire, the country’s state news agency reported.

Another strike reportedly targeted the area of an international school in Habboush.

Israeli planes also hit the town of Kherbet Silem earlier in the day, with two separate raids hitting Kfara in the Bint Jbeil district.

No casualties were reported when another airstrike hit Toura, the National News Agency reporter, per The Guardian .

Iran Guards warn of war beyond Middle East

Iran warned that the Middle East war would spread far beyond the region if the U.S. and Israel resumed their attacks, after President Trump threatened to strike again unless a deal is reached.

A ceasefire on April 8 brought a halt to the conflict, which has roiled the global economy, but with Washington and Tehran seemingly reluctant to resume the fighting a war of words has taken its place, AFP reported.

Trump has repeatedly threatened Tehran with renewed military action, while Iranian officials have hit back with their own warnings of devastating action.

Nevertheless, despite sporadic outbursts of violence, the two countries have continued to take part in diplomatic exchanges mediated by Pakistan, aimed at bringing a formal end to the war.

On Tuesday, U.S. Vice President JD Vance told reporters that “a lot of good progress is being made” and “we’re just going to keep working at it,” even as he told Iran the US military was “locked and loaded.”

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards issued their own threat on Wednesday, saying, “if the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you.”

“The American-Zionist enemy … must know that despite the offensive carried out against us using the full capabilities of the world’s two most expensive armies, we have not deployed the full power of the Islamic revolution,” the Guards said in a statement on their website.

Read full story at source